Greentech is currently seeking full time seasonal employees for the 2017 season from April to September.
The positions available are Pesticide Applicators and Equipment Operators.
Rate of pay: $20/hr starting
Location: Crossfield, Alberta
- Hold a high school diploma.
- Class 5 operators license minimum.
- Operating experience of an ATV and/or large farm equipment.
- Pesticide applicators license is an asset.
Applicators will be responsible for applying herbicides to control invasive weeds on public and private property throughout 5 counties and 12 cities. Application of herbicides to pastures with and without animals present on the same property. Weed inspections for identifying invasive weeds for Weed Notices and control purposes. All employees must follow and comply with safe work practices, procedures and safety requirements outlined in the Industry Standards and Good practices for Vegetation Management, Alberta Environment and WCB.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide superior customer service to customers and other employees.
- Operate different types of equipment in a safe and efficient manner such as Trucks, Semi, ATV’s, and Terragator.
- Apply herbicides with different equipment to customers’ properties each day.
- Detailed record keeping of applied areas will be required (amount of chemical used, weather conditions, etc)
- Perform pre operation and application checks to equipment.
- Accountable for maintenance and well being of machinery.
- Apply Rodent control (gophers), poisoning gophers for customers.
- Provide a safe working environment at all times.
- Be physically able to perform tasks as heavy lifting (50lbs) and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
These positions will be posted until suitable candidates are found.
All applicants must send resume to: